Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a Vari Tech customer, Vari Tech may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with customers;
- To manage and operate certain computer software;
- To understand customer needs and preferences;
- To develop, enhance, market, or provide products and services;
- To manage and develop Vari Tech’s business operations, including personnel and employment matters; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information? What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us; and/or
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information management system, please contact the Vari Tech Privacy Officer at 204.231.7068 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above and in a manner consistent with The Vari Tech Privacy Code.
Please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s Internet web site at www.privcom.gc.ca.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our customers. For example, Vari Tech may disclose a customer’s personal information to:
- A third party who, in the reasonable judgment of Vari Tech, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer;
- A third party involved in supplying the customer with Vari Tech products or services;
- A third party engaged by Vari Tech to perform functions on its behalf;
- A third party engaged by Vari Tech for the development, enhancement, marketing, or provision of any of Vari Tech’s products or services;
- A third party used by Vari Tech to evaluate the customer’s credit worthiness or to collect the customer’s account;
- A credit reporting agency;
- A public authority or agent of a public authority if, in the reasonable judgment of Vari Tech, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information; or
- A third party or parties, where the customer consents to such disclosure or disclosure is required or permitted by law.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, Vari Tech:
- Will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- Will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- Will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- Will honor any request you may make for access to your personal information.
Please contact us for more information or to view The Vari Tech Privacy Code.